Thompson Tractor’s Consignment Program can provide you with a distinct advantage in selling your used equipment. We know that finding the right buyer, financing the offer and completing needed repairs can create a big burden for the seller. We have a dedicated team ready to work with you.
Our used equipment department successfully sells equipment not only in Alabama and Northwest Florida but all over the world. Our inventory of consignment machines are advertised and actively promoted in these markets, allowing you to reach a broader range of buyers. Consignment agreements can be customized to meet your individual needs. Some of the benefits to our consignment partners include:
- The majority of Thompson Tractor’s Used Equipment inventory is located at our Used Equipment Sales Center. Current customers and new potential buyers regularly visit this location with or without their sales reps to check out the latest inventory.
- All consignment machines are advertised both globally and locally exposing your machine to the maximum numbers of buyers.
- We accept both Cat and competitive brand consignments.
- In addition to advertising to the public, we also utilize Cat’s extensive Cat Used network to help find a new home for your machine.
- Customers gain a low cost, controlled and safe method of reducing fleet size.
- Our team can help you price your machine competitively by offering you the current market value of your machine. You, the customer controls the pricing of the machine
- Help to sell under-utilized machines for up to 5-15% net more than auction prices.
- We offer competitive financing to prospective buyers - a big advantage, since lack of financing eliminates many potential buyers
Sure, we know it sounds amazing but how can you be sure this is the right route to sell your used equipment? We asked a few of our current consignment customers to share their experience using our program. Here are their comments:
Consigner: Paul Smith, Smith Farms
Paul Smith has been in the farming business for a long time with his most recent harvest being his 40th crop to bring to market. He and his two sons, Jim and Luke operate a successful farm in Montevallo, AL where they primarily grow row crops such as cotton, wheat, corn, and soybeans. They are a long time customer of Thompson Tractor and used the consignment program to sell both their D6R and a D5H. The customer listed both machines and they sold within 2 months. “It’s a great avenue to find a buyer. I would have never linked up with the guy in Virginia that bought by D6R. The best part to me is their ability to get my machine in front of a lot of people. That lets me spend my time farming. Another good part is the financing and warranty options. It’s was a win-win for me”, Smith stated.
Consigner, Gathan Burns, Burns Timber, Cherokee Timber, BTC Trucking
Gathan Burns has been in the timber business for over 30 years. He operates Burns Timber, Cherokee Timber, BTC Trucking in Peidmont, AL and his customers span northeast Alabama. He operates a mixed fleet of equipment and recently consigned his 525C skidder with Thompson when it was time to replace a knuckleboom loader in his fleet. The skidder sold within five months of being in the consignment program. When we asked Burns what he liked best about the program he quickly answered that it was the available financing. “It’s hard to find eligible buyers for used equipment these days,” stated Burns. “Thompson Tractor not only helped me to find a buyer but helped that buyer with the financing options he needed to buy my machine. I saw only positives when I used this program. I will definitely consider using them again.”
Consigner: Jim Hagan, Hagan Construction
Jim Hagan operated a successful construction business in Montgomery, AL for 45 years. His work can be seen in many notable buildings across the capital city. Being a long time customer, Jim Hagan called Thompson Tractor when he was ready to retire. We helped to liquidate much of his fleet through our consignment program. “Cat is the Cadillac of heavy equipment,” Hagan stated. “Every time I have ever called them over the years they have known what they are doing and their work was good. They always had good equipment for me to purchase and rent. When I was ready to sell my equipment I knew who to call.” Thompson Tractor’s consignment program helped Hagan sell a Cat Backhoe Loader, a Cat Telehandler, an International truck.
Call your Thompson Sales Representative or our Used Equipment team today to find out how to consign your equipment today.
Used Equipment Sales Center 855-443-7017