Hydraulic Mining Shovels
Hydraulic mining shovels allow workers to safely and efficiently dig and load ore, overburden, and other materials when operating at surface mines. Caterpillar® has several hydraulic mining shovels available to match any worksite, material, or mining conditions.
Benefits of Choosing a Cat® Hydraulic Shovel
In addition to the industry-leading innovation and decades of experience that you expect from Caterpillar, investing in a Cat Hydraulic Shovel means you get powerful performance, durable design, safety features, and comfortable operation.
Caterpillar mining equipment is known for its powerful performance in various terrains and work environments. You will enjoy unmatched performance capabilities that boost worksite productivity, such as:
- A boom attachment with triangle-shaped rockers that offer optimal leverage and control.
- Superior lifting force and constant momentum.
- Automatic bucket angling for optimal positioning that stays constant during the lift.
- A track with chains and built-in tension for ultimate traction and stability on all terrains.
In addition to these features, you can also choose between a dual-diesel engine or an electric configuration. With a double diesel engine machine, you only use one engine at a time, leaving the other for backup and ensuring seamless operation. The electrically powered configuration is suitable for stationary machines and requires no downtime to refuel.
At Thompson Tractor Company, we understand the importance of a lasting investment — especially for a piece of machinery you use during your daily operations. Cat hydraulic shovels are built to last with the following features:
- A built-in cooling capacity that regulates operational temperature while loading and when the machine is idle.
- A sturdy undercarriage constructed out of Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Steel construction with cover plates and hinged door covers.
- Access to an extensive network of Caterpillar replacement parts when servicing or upgrading your equipment.
Miner safety is always top priority, which is why Caterpillar designed a hydraulic shovel that keeps workers safe from falling debris and unexpected performance interruptions. Protect workers with industry-leading safety features, such as these:
- The machine will send visual and audible alerts during emergencies or if it detects any issues with the equipment.
- The cab roof is outfitted with strong steel to protect against falling objects.
- Operators sitting in the cab have a full line of visibility from behind an armored glass windshield.
- Emergency shut off switches are located inside the cab and on the outside of the machine.
- The board control system has built-in sensors to monitor and record equipment performance.
- An integrated system that limits roll-back.
Comfort is crucial during long work shifts. Cat hydraulic shovels offer the following built-in cab features:
- Cushioned, adjustable chairs with plenty of legroom for a full shift.
- Inside temperature control.
- Ergonomic controls.
- Large, color screen displays for easier servicing.
- Built-in sound reduction.
Shop New Cat Hydraulic Mining Shovels at Thompson Tractor
Cat hydraulic mining machines have the power, performance, and safety features you need for your surface mining operation. Contact Thompson Tractor to learn more about our available mining equipment, including highwall miners, electric rope shovels, dozers, graders, mining trucks, and draglines. Find a location near you or request a quote today.