Knuckleboom loaders are a type of swinging forest machine with a log-gripping grapple you can use in forestry, lumberyard, and land management projects. They are available in both wheeled and tracked variations, as well as varying stick lengths and grapple widths.
Benefits of Using a Knuckleboom Loader
Knuckleboom log loaders save time and money when handling and relocating large quantities of logs. When you use one of these machines, you can get work done faster, safer, and more efficiently. Here are a few reasons to consider investing in one of these powerful machines for your project:
- They have fast cycle times: Knuckleboom loaders can help you move logs around a worksite quickly, freeing up time you can allocate toward other areas of your project.
- They have great lift capacity: Knuckleboom grapples grip multiple logs at once — without any bouncing or excessive swing — for maximum productivity and operator comfort.
- They are versatile: Knuckleboom loaders are a multi-functional piece of equipment. While they are ideal for logging applications, they can also meet other needs, including general material handling. The stick and boom provide a long reach and are easy to maneuver in all types of environments.
About Cat® Knuckleboom Loaders
When you choose a Cat knuckleboom log loader, you enjoy the following benefits:
- Cost-saving fuel-efficiency: Cat knuckleboom loaders consume minimal fuel, creating a cleaner work environment and keeping your overhead costs low.
- Superior cab comfort: Enjoy a comfortable shift with an enlarged doorway for safer entry, cushioned seats, a powerful air cooling system, and reduced sound while in operation. The operator also has a clear line of sight from their seat, promoting a safer work site for all.
- Long-lasting durability: Cat designed each loader to withstand even the most rugged terrains and applications, with a structurally sound casing, subframe, and stick.
- Unmatched performance: Choose from a tracked or wheeled configuration, depending on your site needs. Tracked knuckleboom loaders are ideal for challenging terrains, while wheeled loaders are an excellent choice for projects in tight spaces or those that require a lot of log hauling.
- Industry-leading quality: Caterpillar® is the industry leader for providing quality service and equipment. Our knuckleboom loaders are easy to service, with filters you can access safely from the ground and on-screen diagnosis alerts inside the cab.
Thompson Tractor Company Has Knuckleboom Loaders for Sale
If you're hoping to cut operating costs and save time at your forestry site, contact Thompson Tractor to learn more about our log loaders for sale. Since 1957, we have been helping people like you find heavy equipment solutions across Alabama and northwest Florida. Whether you work in the land management, agriculture, construction, mining, or forestry industries, we are here to help you find the right equipment for your specific project needs. We also offer preventative maintenance services and equipment management solutions to help you keep your investment in prime operating condition.
Find a Thomspon Tractor location near you to get started, or request a quote for a knuckleboom log loader today!