Trommels in Alabama and Florida
Trommel machines, also known as drum screeners or trommel drums, are useful tools for landscapers and contractors. They’re designed to filter materials in mining, quarry, and aggregate operations so that the refined soil can be recycled and reused for use on tree and plant nurseries, farms, and other places where soil is an essential material.
A trommel screen filters material by spinning a drum with bars or paddles within to catch and lift debris. As the debris falls and tumbles through the drum, it causes the material to break up. This process continues until the debris becomes fine enough to fall through the screen, and the larger materials fall through the opposite end of the drum. When the process is complete, you’ll be left with one pile of fine soil and one pile of waste, which may include materials like roots, rocks, and wood.
Benefits of Trommels
There are many benefits to using trommels, including that they are:
- Efficient: Trommels are an essential tool for filtering soil quickly and efficiently.
- Reliable: With durable design and features, trommels are built to handle natural materials of various weights and sizes for reliable operation.
- Environmentally friendly: Trommels reduce job site waste by filtering materials so that soil can be reused in different applications. It also requires low energy consumption, providing energy savings.
- Low-maintenance: Trommels are easy to operate and maintain, with self-cleaning brushes for the screen. When you buy your trommel from Thompson Cat Rental Store, we’ll offer all the maintenance services you need to keep your machine in top condition.
Where Can I Buy a Trommel?
If you’re looking for trommel new and used trommels for sale, Thompson Cat Rental Store has the large equipment selection you need. Our Screen Machine equipment selection includes:
- 612W: Diesel-powered, self-contained, and designed to separate compost, green waste, topsoil, and woodchips. It provides hours of uninterrupted processing time.
- 612T: This model is track-mounted and designed to process feed material with an enhanced stockpiling ability. It’s commonly used with municipal solid waste but is also ideal for mulching and other landscaping needs.
- Might II: A towable model best for skid steers to process compost, mulch, and topsoil. It’s equipped with a high-speed hammermill shredder and a diesel engine.
We also have Cat® trommels for sale, offering another leading brand option that you can trust.
Thompson Cat Rental Store has been building professional relationships for more than 60 years. We serve businesses and homeowners throughout Alabama and Florida, helping them find the perfect new and used equipment for their unique needs. As a local dealer with a trusted reputation, Thompson Cat Rental Store has the region-specific knowledge and experience to provide you with the very best products and support services.
Visit us at one of our many convenient locations in Alabama and Florida, and our friendly team of experts will be happy to show you our inventory and answer any questions you have.