Let's Take a Walk in the Woods
If your team is working in forestry, you need rugged, reliable equipment to complete tasks safely and efficiently. When you shop at Thompson Tractor, you have access to an inventory of heavy forestry equipment for sale designed by some of the industry's top manufacturers. No matter what type of work you plan to do, we have the machines to get it done.
Thompson Tractor has locations throughout Alabama and the Florida Panhandle to support crews working in this challenging industry. Trust our knowledgeable team to help you select the best forestry equipment for your operations.
Why Choose Thompson Tractor for Forestry Equipment
Felling trees and moving lumber demands durable, efficient machinery. Our heavy forestry equipment options include knuckleboom loaders, wheel feller bunchers, track feller bunchers, and wheel skidders. These purpose-built machines from Weiler Inc. are engineered for exceptional performance in harsh conditions so you can keep your operations moving under any circumstance.
When you invest in forestry equipment through Thompson Tractor, you can expect:
- Attentive service: We provide more than just new and used equipment — our team also offers service and maintenance to help keep your machines in peak condition.
- Personalized work: As a local company, we understand the needs of your industry and your location. Our team can tell you what products are suitable for your application and job site.
- Professional support: We have a team of experts ready to assist you in any possible way. Whether you need mobile support or have a question, the Thompson Tractor team is prepared to help.
- Advanced equipment technology: Many of our new equipment models come with advanced features that promote a safer, more productive work site.
We are proud to have an expansive network of locations throughout Alabama and northwest Florida. We'll help you find the equipment and services you need on a local level.
Benefits of Choosing a Cat® Forest Machine
Comfort, power, and fuel-efficiency are what make Cat equipment the top logging forest machines in the industry.
When you choose a Cat forest machine, you know you're getting uncompromised strength and unmatched performance. Every model varies, depending on what you want out of your equipment, but every Cat tracked forest machine promises the following features:
- Strong swinging power, even when moving logs uphill
- Unbeatable stability and traction on steep ground
- Powerful control and performance on rugged, rocky, and slick terrain
- Ability to handle heavy, long logs with ease
- No stuttering, stalling, or performance hiccups to interrupt the workday
- Minimal movement inside the cab when swinging and processing
- Fast performance and powerful navigation to complete tasks quickly
- Enhanced hydraulics and an optimized engine for maximum performance
- Additional built-in safety and technology features for even more efficiency and ease-of-use
- Durable construction for a long-lasting investment that holds up to all types of projects and work conditions
Upgrading and replacing parts is also easy, thanks to our extensive inventory of Caterpillar parts and attachments. Thompson Tractor equipment management services can help you get even more life out of your investment by helping you increase your productivity and uptime while keeping costs low.
Forest machine operators spend long hours in the cab of their machine, moving and felling trees on slopes, sometimes in extreme temperatures. Cat forest machines have comfortable operator cabs and a clear line of vision to see the job at hand. The seat is cushioned with convenient armrests and heating and cooling, so operators can stay alert and productive throughout the entire shift. Wide tracked machines promote a more stable operation, minimizing any jarring movements or excessive noise inside the cab. Even when swinging heavy logs, operators experience little to no rocking while seated.
It's Fuel Efficient
One of the best parts of choosing a Cat machine is that you get all of the power and performance without excessive fuel costs. Our forest machine fuel tank service refill capacities range from around 108.3 gallons to 261.4 gallons and outperform many other machines on the market with less fuel required. A fuel-efficient machine also means less time spent stopping on the job to refill the tank and less environmental impact.
Forestry Equipment Maintenance, Repair, and Parts
Investing in forestry equipment is a big decision — that's why we want to help you keep it in shape so it provides the longest possible service life. You can trust our expert technicians to provide maintenance and repair services for your machines. We also have a comprehensive parts inventory to help ensure we have what you need to keep your equipment running. Maintenance services offered at Thompson Tractor include:
- Equipment management
- Field service
- Preventive maintenance
Our technicians are ready to assist whether you need emergency services, new components or a regular tuneup. Reach out to our service department to learn more about how we can provide all the right parts and services to help you maximize the productivity and efficiency of your forestry equipment.
Shop New Forest Machines for Sale at Thompson Tractor
No matter what kind of forestry project you're taking on, you can count on Caterpillar for unrivaled quality, safety, and service. At Thompson Tractor, we are here to help you find the equipment you need for powerful, reliable performance. Have a question about one of our products? Contact us or find a location near you to get in touch with one of our representatives. Learn more about our line of forest machines or request a quote for your new equipment today!