Cat Connect Technology and Services
We’ve been talking about connectivity for a long time. Today, we’re at the point where almost every piece of Cat equipment rolls off the production line ready to send data about its operations to our customers. Insights drawn from this data will fundamentally change how they work—making jobsites safer, more productive and more profitable.
Cat Connect Technology includes hardware and software tools available for Cat equipment, as well as other manufacturers’ equipment and assets. Some tools are integrated into equipment at the factory, while others can be Thompson installed or retrofitted to older equipment. Cat Connect Technology falls into the following six categories. Feel free to use these high-level descriptions in your communication with customers.
- CAT Link gathers data generated by your assets and job sites, serving it up in easy-to-digest bites. Useful insights come automatically and accurately via a digital interface. Available for: all types and brands of equipment.
- CAT Grade automates machine functions and guides operators to achieve targets in rough, fine and finish grading. It helps you get to grade faster in fewer passes. Available for: dozers, motor graders, hydraulic excavators, wheel tractor scrapers, compact track loaders, multi-terrain loaders, skid steer loaders, asphalt pavers, asphalt compactors, soil compactors and cold planers.
- CAT Payload brings load weighing and real-time feedback to the cab, eliminating trips to the scale and improving operator accuracy and speed. Available for: wheel loaders, excavators, articulated trucks, off-highway trucks and wheel tractor-scrapers.
- CAT Compact delivers advanced measurements and real-time guidance inside the cab to help operators meet compaction targets faster, more uniformly and in fewer passes. Available for: many brands of asphalt, landfill and soil/aggregate compactors.
- CAT Detect improves operator awareness of the work environment reducing the chance of accidents. It also helps prevent unauthorized use of equipment. Available for: many types and brands of equipment.
- CAT Command enables operators to run equipment from a remote location on- or offsite, making work safer and more comfortable. Available for: select dozers, wheel loaders and skid steer loaders.
Cat Connect Services represent predefined capabilities that address customer challenges and add value. For many customers, that may include providing access to data, analytical tools, visualization software, reports, training or automated services. Others may add a layer of dealer analysis and consultation, or some may even choose a comprehensive agreement with outsourcing provisions, performance guarantees and risk-reward-sharing.
Cat Connect Services fall into the following three categories. Feel free to use these high-level descriptions in your communication with customers.
- Equipment Management Services help you stay on top of monitoring, maintenance and repair costs without adding headcount—potentially freeing up resources for other jobs.
- Productivity Services help you use every asset to its potential, train every operator and supervisor to get the most out of the equipment and design every jobsite for optimum efficiency.
- Safety Services help employees at all levels understand the risks of fatigue, distraction and unsafe actions, then take steps to mitigate them and build a safety-first culture.