CAT FLUIDS AND FILTERS WORK TOGETHER
Maximize your Cat equipment’s performance with Cat machine fluids. Cat motor oil, coolants, greases, and PM kits improve your machine’s health and reduce your operating costs.
We think about the oils you use in your engine so you don’t have to. Engine oil is an entire family of oils designed to protect your machinery, helping you make money and reduce risk. Cat oils surpass industry specifications and withstand thousands of hours of testing, all to provide consistently high performance.
Talk to us to get our experts’ Cat engine oil recommendations based on your equipment, environment, and application, or to schedule a fluid analysis. Available oils include:
- Diesel Engine Oil
- Final Drive and Axle Oil
- Hydraulic Oil
- Natural Gas Engine Oil (NGEO™)
- Transmission and Drive Train Oil
Cat coolants protect your equipment from freezing and boiling, reducing damage to components. They extend engine life and provide corrosion resistance. Cat Extended Life Coolant lasts up to 12,000 hours, four times longer than conventional coolant. Talk to us today to match the right Cat coolant to your machine.
Available coolants include:
- Diesel Engine Antifreeze Coolant
- Extended Life Coolant (ELC)
- Extended Life Inhibitor (ELI™)
- Natural Gas Antifreeze Coolant
Cat greases protect your equipment and help extend its life. The seven varieties meet the specific needs of Cat equipment, offering the right level of protection. The greases’ chemical makeup allows them to perform in the toughest applications. Count on Cat greases to resist corrosion, prevent seizing, and reduce scarring and galling.
Available greases include:
- Ball Bearing Grease
- Extreme Application Grease (1 & 2)
- Extreme Application Grease (arctic)
- Extreme Application Grease (desert)
- Prime Application Grease
- Utility Grease
Cat planned maintenance (PM) kits contain everything you need to care for your equipment and maximize its performance. Customize your kit based on your equipment and its maintenance intervals.
Replacement Filters for Cat Equipment
When it’s time to replace the filters in your Cat heavy equipment, it’s critical to choose products capable of providing optimal performance and protection for the machines in your fleet. While other filters might fit your model, only filters designed and engineered by Caterpillar are built to the particular specifications of your equipment and proven-tested to get the job done right.
No matter the type and year of the model or your applications, the experienced team at Thompson Tractor will help you find the products that represent the most efficient and effective solution.
Cat Replacement Filters
It’s crucial not to underestimate the importance of filters used to protect your machine systems and components from harmful contaminants. Replacement filters for Cat equipment stop dust, dirt, and debris from entering into the oil, air, fuel, or hydraulic systems, avoiding damage that has a negative impact on performance and the health and longevity of a fleet. Cat filters are built to keep your machines running clean with extended service intervals for reduced operating costs and maximum productivity.
Types of replacement filters for Cat equipment include:
- Cat oil filters: We carry standard oil filters for normal duty filtration and advanced and UHE filters for more demanding applications. These filters work well for all Cat equipment as well as models from many other Allied brands.
- Cat air filters: Our inventory includes a wide range of engine and cabin air filters made to strict OEM specifications with options in standard and ultra-high efficiency.
- Cat fuel filters: Keep your engine oil free of debris to prevent clogging with our complete line of replacement standard, advanced, and UHE fuel filters as well as fuel-water separators and coolant conditioner filters.
- Cat hydraulic and transmission filters: Keep your hydraulic system in peak condition with standard, advanced, and UHE filters based on the level of your filtration and contamination control challenges.
When to Replace Your Filters
Inspecting and replacing the filters in your heavy equipment at regular intervals is a fundamental part of a machine maintenance program. By following factory-recommended service schedules and monitoring the performance of your equipment along with the condition of your filters, you’ll be able to ensure your valuable assets are receiving consistent protection. If you’re not sure how and when to replace filters, your local Cat dealer can help with preventive services — including scheduled testing and advanced fluid analysis — to make sure your fleet is properly maintained.
Ordering Replacement Filters Made Simple
When you partner with Thompson Tractor for all your Cat replacement filters and other parts and supplies, you’ll benefit from the ease and convenience of shopping and ordering at Parts.Cat.com. You’ll gain 24/7 access to millions of different products available for fast delivery or pickup in your area. We offer next-day availability on many parts as well as drop box locations and Thompson Tractor stores throughout Alabama and Northern Florida.
Whether you require oil and air filters for dozers and articulated trucks or fuel and hydraulic filters for backhoe loaders and excavators, you’re sure to find everything you need at Thompson Tractor.