A skid steer loader is one of the most versatile tools you'll find on any job site. They can dig, move materials, and load them, but not all skid steer loaders are the same. Depending on your job requirements and goals, you might need a tool with more digging power or a high lift reach. The lifting mechanism, whether radial or vertical, will also play a role. If you're looking to buy a Cat® skid steer loader, it's important to compare your options and choose the best skid steer for the job.
Types of Skid Steer Loaders
At Thompson Tractor, you will find skid steer loaders ranging from small to large sizes. We provide such a size variety to help ensure you can find the equipment that works best for your applications.
Skid Steer Models
Skid steers are flexible machines you can use for many tasks at your job site. Thomspon Tractor carries several skid steer models, including:
- 226D3: This smaller skid steer offers mid-lift reach and enhanced digging performance. It has 67.1 horsepower and a 3.3-inch bore with a 3.9-inch stroke.
- 246D3: This small skid steer also has mid-lift reach. Its horsepower is 74.3, and it has a 4.7-inch stroke and a 3.7-inch bore.
- 272D3: The skid steer has a long wheel base and 98 horsepower. The bore is 3.9 inches, and the stroke is 4.7 inches.
- 272D3 XE: This larger skid steer has a powerful engine with 110 horsepower. The stroke is 4.7 inches, and the bore is 3.9 inches. It provides advanced productivity and output.
Applications of Skid Steer Loaders
Skid steers can help you complete numerous jobs at your work site. Some of the most common applications of skid steers include:
- Roadwork: Build or maintain roads using a skid steer. You can use attachments like cement mixers and pavement millers to make repairing or replacing parts of roads easier.
- Snow removal: Use a bucket attachment to remove snow from a work area. You can also get snowblade and snowblower attachments for your skid steer.
- Landscaping: Start using a skid steer for landscaping tasks like stump grinding, tilling, or woodchipping with an appropriate attachment.
- Material handling: Have a skid steer for warehouse applications. Use fork attachments to lift and transport pallets and place them on shelving units.
- Agriculture: Keep a skid steer on hand for agricultural tasks like moving materials or tilling. You can also fit it with a bale attachment for easily transporting bales of hay.
- Excavating: Complete earthmoving tasks like excavating with a skid steer. You can use numerous earthmoving attachments, including augers, backhoes, and trenchers, to make your equipment multifunctional.
Features of Our Skid Steers for Sale
Cat skid steer loaders offer numerous beneficial features, including:
- 12-volt electrical systems
- Backup alarms
- Rearview cameras
- Operator warning indicators
- Fuel and hour meters
- Storage compartments
Choose Thompson Tractor for Your Next Skid Steer
If you're looking for durable Cat skid steers in Alabama and northern Florida, choose Thompson Tractor. We understand the local area in-depth, allowing our team to serve you better. We are also a full-service provider, meaning we can help you buy, rent, and repair all the Cat equipment you need for success on the job.
Please contact us online today or submit a quote request form to get started.