If your Cat® equipment needs repair or routine maintenance, choose the professional technicians at Thompson Tractor to get the job done. With our in-shop service, you can bring your machine to one of our locations to have our professionals complete the work in-house. This service helps you get any necessary repairs for your fleet in less time, improving your productivity while keeping costs low.
Cat® Equipment Repairs by Thompson Tractor
The in-shop service at Thompson Tractor addresses any machine repair or maintenance our customers need. Drop off your equipment to have our trained technicians perform diagnostics and use repair techniques and parts approved by Caterpillar. Our equipment repair shop offers:
- Technicians scheduled seven days a week with staggered start times to ensure we can provide service whenever necessary.
- Professionals with extensive training in various machines and parts.
- A local team with extensive knowledge about your business operations and goals.
- An extensive parts inventory to complete repairs without delay.
Our in-shop Cat equipment repairs are ideal for regular maintenance, low-priority fixes, and large-scale repairs that cannot be completed in the field.
Our technicians get the job done with speed and accuracy thanks to our comprehensive array of parts and tools from Caterpillar. Our service shop has all the equipment our team needs to work on engines, undercarriages, hydraulics, and other systems. We also have our technicians undergo continuous training so they’ll have the latest knowledge available for completing service quickly and accurately.
In addition to tools, our repair team takes advantage of technology to make repairs easier. VisionLink® tells us the fault codes and engine hours of machines, which helps us understand the issue and what needs to be repaired to get the equipment up and running quickly.
How We Train to Service Equipment From Caterpillar
When you drop your equipment off at our Alabama Cat machine servicing facility, you can expect prompt service from our professional technicians. In addition to continuous training, our team completes specialized courses to understand every aspect of Cat machines. We also have technicians dedicated to various specializations to ensure the best possible service. Our team consists of:
- Master technicians: Master technicians have extensive knowledge of numerous equipment systems to enable them to diagnose problems and make repairs.
- Certified welders: Our welders complete repairs on metal components of machines.
- Underground mining experts: We host experts on underground mining applications who have specialized knowledge in this area.
- Paving experts: Our paving technicians have in-depth experience pertaining to paving equipment and projects.
- Cat certified technicians: Cat certified technicians have undergone extensive training and certification by Caterpillar to make repairs on Cat equipment.
- Preventive maintenance (PM) technicians: PM technicians complete maintenance tasks to maintain equipment condition and uptime.
Contact Us for More Information About Our Caterpillar Repair Shop
Thompson Tractor has full-service maintenance centers serving customers throughout Alabama and the Florida Panhandle. Our repair facility is your one-stop shop for maintenance — we can complete the repair no matter the machine type or mechanical issue. We offer professional expertise with the dedication of a local company and will do whatever is necessary to support you.
Contact Thompson Tractor today to learn more about our in-shop services.